Maintenance department for wastewater plants
All wastewater treatment plants must have a minimum of maintenance as following:
- a periodic desludging;
- a periodic controlling of the process of treatment.
In Wallonia (Belgium)
The maintenance contract is now mandatory since January 1st, 2017.
Minimum equipment care requirements and intervention frequency depending the size of the WWTP are now request as follow:
- One intervention every 18 months for WWTP up to 20 PTE
- One intervention every 9 months for WWTP between 21 and 99 PTE
- One intervention every 4 months for WWTP of 100 PTE and more
See the summary document made about this new regulation.
You can also consult the dedicated Websites:
1) The periodic desludging
The desludging must be done by licensed emptier and the desludging frequency is related to the number of occupants and their lifestyles.
Our statistics show an average desludging reference frequency as following:
- 4 years for wastewater treatment plants up to 5 PTE;
- 2 years for small collective wastewater treatment plants under of equal to 20 PTE;
- 1 year for collective wastewater treatment plants higher than 20 PTE.
Please find your licensed emptier by following the links below: